Heat and Power Complex «Alatyr»
The purpose of the Heat and Power Complex «Alatyr» is to provide energy for industrial enterprises, oil-, coal- and gas-producing industry enterprises, as well as for housing and public amenities that need a reliable source of small-scale distributed energy generation. The Complex is a steam-power heat energy installation generating electrical and heat energy as well as technological steam of set parameters if needed.
Due to its capability of operating at low temperatures (up to -60˚C) the Complex can be used for special objects in the regions of Far North and the Arctic. Besides, it can be equipped so that to meet high temperatures in some regions.
The principle of operation
The principle of operation of the Heat and Power Complex «Alatyr» is similar to the one of a big CHPP.
When fuel’s burned in steam boilers, heat power is generated. With this energy the water in the boiler gets heated. Then it evaporates and thus we get saturated steam and overheated saturated steam. The overheated steam goes into the steam turbine generator where it extends and transforms the rotor’s rotation into electrical energy that goes to customers. Having done its work, the steam goes into the condenser where it’s condensed. The condensate then is pumped into the deaerator, then into the boiler again, and thus the whole cycle repeats.
Kinds of Heat and Power Complex «Alatyr»
Based on the kind of energy needed it is possible to use one of the three construction types of the Heat and Power Complex «Alatyr»:
- 1st type – using steam turbine propelling plants of counter-pressure type, issuing electrical power (from 0.5 mW to 3.0 mW) and heat energy (from 2.5 mW to 15.0 mW);
- 2nd type – using steam turbine installations of condensation type, issuing electrical energy (from 0.5 mW to 6.5 mW);
- 3rd type – using steam turbine installations of condensation type with industrial take off of steam, issuing electrical energy (from 0.5 mW to 5.4 mW) and technological steam (from 0.2 to 25.0 tons of steam per hour).
Kinds of fuel used for Heat and Power Complex «Alatyr»:
- Natural gas;
- Associated petroleum gas (not purified);
- Crude oil (including high-viscosity and super-viscosity, with up to 5% of sulfur content);
- Fuel oil of any kind (including that of low quality);
- Oil processing waste (needs coordination);
- Diesel fuel;
- Methane (emitted in process of decontamination of layers in the coal-mining industry);
- Aggressive combustible gas emitted in chemical industry, with heating capacity from 4000 kcal/nanometer3 (needs coordination).
Advantages of the Heat and Powr Complex «Alatyr»
- Power supply for mid-rate and low-rate wells.
- Dirty associated petroleum gas;
- Raw oil;
- Mixture of associated petroleum gas and raw oil (with low quantity of associated petroleum gas).
- Power supply for infrastructure of fields.
- Methane emitted in process of decontamination of layers.
- Heat and electrical power supply for greenhouses and infrastructure.
- Oil processing wastes;
- Natural gas.
- Providing heat and electrical power as well as technological steam of set parameters
- Combustible gas with heating capacity from 4000 kcal/nanometer3;
- Fuel oil;
- Oil processing wastes;
- Natural gas.
- Producing electrical and heat energy in disaster areas, natural catastrophes zones and in regions of temporary settlements of victims of disasters.
- Fuel oil;
- Oil processing wastes;
- Natural gas;
- Diesel fuel.
- Producing electrical and heat energy in hard-to-reach areas in midland of Russia, Yakutia, Primorsky Krai, Sakhalin and other regions where energy generating is carried out by means of unreliable and high-cost in maintenance diesel power stations.
- Fuel oil;
- Oil processing wastes.
1. Power complex.
It consists of a steam boiler and auxiliary equipment: gas and oil fuel stage, burner, top drum blowing system, bottom drum blowing system, boiler’s inner surfaces cleaning system, air ducts, water, gas and fuel pipelines, fittings, automatics, control and protection devices, smoke pipe.
Water tube boiler equipped with horizontal water-cooled furnace chamber designed for burning fuel with high sulphur content, having steam system of soot cleaning. The temperature of combustion gas should be not lower than 175 ˚C in order to prevent forming acid dew point of combustible gas on heating surface.
Technical features RK – 6.7 – 3.6 – 7000 - 1800
|Steam generating capacity||6,7 tons per hour; 5,74 MW|
|Outlet temperature||440 0С|
|Temperature of air for combustion||25°C|
|Maximal allowed pressure in the boiler (maximum level set for the pressure-relief valve):||36,2 bar|
|Fuel consumption||581 kg/hour (average)|
|Productivity, including losses||6,2 MW|
|Water amount||5,6 m3|
|Weight of the boiler free of water and covering||23 000 kg|
|Dimensions, (L/W/H)||10,8x2,65x 2,742 m|
1.2. Burner device.
Industrial burner device for separate and collateral burning of associated petroleum gas and oil with high sulphur content in mixtures. Power regulation is modulated. Proportion of oil and air is regulated by electronics.
|Minimal furnace area, (L/W/H)||5х1,5х1,5 m|
|Combustion heat||52-86 MJ/nm3|
|Lease gas condensate||none|
Maximal content of hydrogen sulfide
|9 % (volume)|
|Pressure||0,1…1 bar (overpressure.)|
|Maximal content of sulphur||5 % (mass)|
|Pilot oil:||Associated gas/propane-butane mixture|
Diffusing substance (compressed air dry steam)
|Pressure||5 bar (overpressure)|
|Air for consumption|
|Flow capacity per burner (3% О2)||12 000 nm3/hour|
|Temperature||max. 40 0С|
|Flow evenness||±10 %|
1.3. Gas fuel stage.
It is used for regulating the pressure of incoming gas flow and even supply into the burner device.
1.4. Oil fuel stage.
It is used for preliminary heating and pumping of fuel, for providing needed level of pressure and constant temperature for transmission into the burner device.
2. Turbine generator.
It is used for producing electrical energy. Its guaranteed electrical power is 650 kW.
- Steam turbine with counterpressure is a one-stage feature, with an operational wheel equipped with one row of rotor blades.
- Generator is three-phase asynchronous.
|Nominal steam consumption||6,5 tons/hour|
Input pressure of the steam into the turbine
3,0 to 3,5 MPa (from 30,2 to 35,1 absolute)
|Steam temperature at the input of the turbine||400 ÷ 445°С|
Downstream pressure of the steam issued from the turbine
0,25 MPa (2,53 absolute) to 0,15 MPa (1,53 absolute)
|Downstream temperature of the steam issued from the turbine||189 °С|
|Rotational speed of the turbine’s rotor||225с-1 (13500 turns per minute)|
|Rotation speed of the output rotor of the reducer||25с-1 (1500 rotations per minute)|
|Supply voltage of the generator||3 × 6300 V, 50 Hz|
|Power at the generator’s plugs||650 kW|
|Nominal current||80,2 А|
|25s-1 (1500 rotations per minute)|
3. Complete switchgear.
There are two sets of switchgear-6,3 kW in the Heat and Power Complex «Alatyr» that together with the equipment of the turbine generators can be included into a network stand-alone system, synchronize itself and pass 1,0 MW of electrical power to a consumer.
4. Complex of program-technical means of automatic control system.
The Complex’s element base of technical means of automatic control system over technological processes consists of commercially available automation products and computing machinery manufactured by the company “Valmet Automation” (Finland). Technical means of the standard equipment set of automatic control system over technological processes have all the required certificates proving their correspondence to Russian standards.
This program-technical complex has the following features:
- Modular construction principle Reservation of equipment and communication channels, hot replacement of elements;
- High level of reliability, long operation period;
- Complex self-diagnostic;
- Wide range of variants of solving administration tasks on engineering and information;
- Comfortable user-friendly interface;
- Possibility of integrating with other items of equipment via standard network and software.
This complex is equipped with a full-scale automated system of administrating technological processes, the main control panel of which is brought into the control block. The control block has a fully-equipped dispatcher’s place where the operator can administrate the complex by means of the computer interface.
5. Chemical water treatment.
As the main water treating equipment we install «Block and modular water treating complex, model ECOZ» prefabricated by the company «Nevskaya Ecologicheskaya Kompaniya» LTd.This water treating equipment is mass -produced according to requirements of TC 4859-001-80586333-2011.
The features of the equipment guarantee that the provided water is of the quality meeting all the requirements of GOST 20995-75 as well as the requirements of the boiler’s manufacturer, taken that the proper service conditions are maintained and the maintenance regulations written in the equipment certificate are kept to.
6. Open-type deaerator.
It is used for removing corrosive-aggressive gas (oxygen and free carbon dioxide) from the feedwater of the steam boilers.
Technical features of the OD 10/4
|Working pressure||1,2 bar (absolute)|
|Parameters, (L/W/H)||4450 х1212x3540 mm|
7. Equipment for heat energy utilization.
It is used for transferring the heat energy to the consumer and if necessary, in case the heat energy is not needed, for utilizing it by means of dry cooling towers. The system is closed, in process of operating all that’s needed is feeding. Structure: dry cooling tower, two steps of heat exchangers operating as a condenser, network heat exchangers, pumps, ethylene glycol mixture, etc.
7.1. Dry cooling towers.
It cools the circulating warmth-caring liquid via outdoor air flowing through the plate heat exchanger.
Technical characteristics of TF 916.6.22.GR
|Quantity of fans||6|
|Working pressure||12 bar (absolute)|
|Air temperature entrance/exit||40 (max.)/96,8 0С|
|Air-flow rate:||133600 m3/hour|
|Parameters, (L/W/H)||5,80х2,376х2,40 m|
|Manufacturer||ООО «ZAVOD TERRAFRIGO» LTd.|
7.2. Heat exchanging equipment.
From Russian manufacturers and suppliers:«Gidrolex» CJSC - bellows-sealed and tubular heat exchanging low weight and compact devices, and «RIDAN» LTd. – standard plate heat.